Friday, July 18, 2008

E-Bay Love and My Stoopid Mistake

Disclaimer: Lots and lots of cursing to follow. If you continue to read and are easily offended. Too bad, you were warned.

Gosh dang it. Heck. Durned it.

Oh, hell, you guys can take it.......Shit on a stick.

I'm pissed. Why you ask???????????? Well....dammit. I screwed up....really.

I love e-bay. And e-bay loves me. As well it should, I've bought enough stuff from there. Seriously.

I love e-bay because they have a ton of stuff. And no matter what it is you need, it can be found on e-bay. For example, a couple of Christmases ago, my parents found a full set of Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs music boxes. So pretty. And I loves me my Disney. So I was thrilled--thrilled enough to cry. The next year, while decorating for Christmas, Paul broke 3 of them. To say I was pissed would be a momumental understatement. But then it hit me. E-bay. So, I looked them up and low and behold, there they were, I could buy each dwarf individually or buy the entire set. Such options. Paul was happy too---happy with the knowledge that his dick was going to remain intact.

So, a few weeks ago, I got Quinn a really cute lunch pack with Spiderman on it. It was embroidered with Quinn's name. The thing originally came from Pottery Barn for $27 including the personalization. I got it for under $10. What can I say, I loves me a deal. I went on again yesterday looking through the Pottery Barn kids stuff, hoping to find the bookbags I wanted for the boys, and praying for a deal. Lo and behold, there's the backpack with Nate's name on it. This shit never happens to me, or at least it doesn't happen consistently. So I watched it, ready to pounce. I calculated the shipping and how much the name would cost, and knew anything less would be a deal, and waited.

And waited, and refreshed the computer, and waited. I was going to get this dammit. It was mine. Then I got bored. I figured I would dust off the computer. So the monitor got sprayed down and cleaned and the tower thingie, and then you know the keyboard could use a wipe off.....

I went to refresh and then I heard the music....you know the notes that indicate your computer was shutting down. And then nothing. Two minutes left and the damned thing shut down. Fuck. Shit. Dammit. Sorry.

So, I turned back on and waited. I probably should mention now that I got this POS from e-bay for under $200. A deal yeah, but the deal is--it is slow. So, it is coming back and of course, I keep on getting the "your stuff needs to reboot because you screwed up and didn't close down right" message, and I'm calling the computer a bitch and a motherfucker and so on. Meanwhile, my kids are standing there and looking at me like I've lost my mind---because you know, I have at this point. (I've never seen them so still and quiet. I'm sure they were taking mental notes about how they were going to use the words bitch and motherfucker in a sentence on the first day of school).

I finally got back to e-bay and my originally priced at $42 sold for $13.50.

I am taking this as a sign from God. I should stop cleaning.

No comments: